This year of COVID-19 has brought unique challenges to all of us. At Kalamazoo Therapy Group, we understand that while many are choosing to stay home to help prevent the spread of the virus, others are feeling uncomfortable with online counseling or do not have access to a confidential space for therapy. To support clients with varying life situations, some of our clinicians are offering in-person counseling at this time.
Face-to-Face Therapy During COVID
If you choose to meet in-person with your therapist, rest assured that we are protecting you (and us) as best as we can. This includes:
- Requiring clients and therapists to wear masks during sessions
- Please bring your own mask as you must have one to enter the building
- Requiring each individual client to complete a symptom questionnaire (electronically or on paper) prior to entering the office
- You can access the questionnaire by scanning the QR code on the front door of our suite or by using our Pre-Appointment Check-In
- Immediate sanitizing of each office and waiting space using air purifiers and wand sanitizers with UV light, spray sanitizers, and bleach wipes
- Frequent deep cleaning of the office by a third-party contractor
- Providing hand sanitizer and disposable masks as necessary
Please note that depending on the current COVID climate, we may require temperature checks using a touchless thermometer.
If you, or someone you have been in contact with, has had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days, please respect the health of our therapists and other clients by contacting your therapist to move your session to online therapy:
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
If you or your therapist begin to show signs of COVID at any point during your session, the session will immediately be stopped and clients will be urged to exit the building.
We are located at 3018 Oakland Dr Suite D, Kalamazoo MI 49008.
Please park on the south side of the building (next to the Rich gas station). We are on the lower level of the building, down one half flight of stairs. If you need to cancel or have a difficult time finding us, please contact your therapist.