MA, LPC, LMFT, CD(DONA), RYT, ADS
Kelsey is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT). She holds her master’s degree in marriage, couple, and family counseling along with a certificate in holistic health and wellness from Western Michigan University. Kelsey completed the Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and has completed the Sexual Health Certificate Program for Sex Therapy through the University of Michigan.
As a holistic-minded therapist, Kelsey believes the counseling process is collaborative in nature between the counselor and the client. She strives to work together with clients to identify and challenge current thought patterns and lifestyle choices, strategizing on successful ways to make positive, lifelong changes. While working with couples, her goal is to assist in identifying areas of strength in the relationship, provide education in healthy relationship patterns, and walk with her clients as they navigate creating new interaction patterns leading to a happier and stronger partnership.
She sees therapy as a process of exploration intended toward personal growth and increased well-being. It is an opportunity to examine old ways of relating to oneself and explore new ways of interacting. She uses a whole body approach to guide clients in becoming more self-aware and finding the strength to initiate long term positive change for themselves.
In addition to her work as a therapist, she has worked as a Certified Birth Doula and a Certified Yoga Instructor with two years of experience leading guided breathing and meditative exercises. Kelsey was previously a part-time university instructor for career development and professional training where she had almost four years of experience as a career counselor.
Her specific training includes pregnancy and birth, couples conflict management, art therapy, substance abuse, mindfulness, yoga therapy, career development, and whole body counseling. She is an ally to the LGBT community and seeks to create a safe space for clients to come as they are.
Kelsey especially enjoys working with couples/relationships in areas related to relationship communication / conflict, intimacy (physical and emotional), “passion,” fertility (pregnancy, postpartum, infertility), and parenthood.
Kelsey works with couples and relationships within the state of Michigan — currently exclusively via telehealth (video sessions). Contact her to learn more about your insurance coverage or self-pay rates.
If you are in crisis, contact 911. Kelsey is not able to provide therapy or respond timely to emergencies through voicemails or emails.
- Birth Trauma
- Divorce / Family Conflict
- Female Sex / Love / Intimacy Addiction
- LGBTQ+ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Polyamorous Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Sex Therapy
- Women’s Issues
- Prenatal / Postpartum
- Couples / Relationship Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Fertility / Infertility
- Sex Therapy
- Mindfulness / Meditation
- Simplicity Parenting Guidance and Discipline classes
- Holistic Health and Wellness
- Yoga Therapy
- Certified Birth Doula (DONA)
- Certified Yoga Instructor (Yoga Alliance)
- Certified Auricular Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (NADA)
- Certificate of Holistic Health and Wellness (Western Michigan University)
- Completed Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Gottman Institute)
- Completed Sexual Health Certificate Program for Sex Therapy (University of Michigan)
- Certified Simplicity Parenting Guidance and Discipline Group Leader
Latest Articles by Kelsey
- 9 Reasons Board Games Will Save Your Marriage
- Best Board Games for Couples: Competitive and Strategic
- Best Board Games for Couples: Gateway Games, Parallel Play, and Cooperative
Schedule an Appointment with Kelsey Nimmo
Call Kalamazoo Therapy Group at (269) 225-5148, or send a message.